minilinks for 2008-08-21
MiniLinks by Hugh D'Andrade
August 21, 2008
- "> Senators: FBI Rules Could Target Innocent People
Four Democrats criticized proposed attorney general guidelines that
the Senators say would allow the FBI to spy on innocent Americans.
- Watch-Listed Fliers Can Sue
An appeals court ruled that passengers can sue the government to have
their names removed from no-fly lists.
- Why the MIT Students Were Right
Bruce Schneier argues that the benefits of full disclosure in
security research far outweighs the dangers.
- Microsoft Planning IE Privacy Mode
The next version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser may come
equipped with a "privacy mode" -- but why isn't all web browsing
- Facebook's Beacon Controversy Returns -- in Court
Users of Facebook's Beacon product have filed suit, claiming privacy
violation when the product shared their personal info without consent.
- McCain Sued for Copyright Infringement
The singer Jackson Browne is suing the presidential candidate for
using his song "Running on Empty" without permission.
- Visual Search Engine Tracks Photo Usage
The new TinEye search engine searches the web for a pattern of
pixels, rather than a text string.