- FISA Attacks Fail to Sway CT Representative
Rep. Joe Courtney has a good video explaining why he
opposes telecom immunity, despite being attacked on the
- Republican Opposes Telecom Immunity
A Republican candidate in North Carolina says he wants
telephone companies held accountable.
- Facebook Expands Privacy Features
Facebook is making some privacy improvements -- but some
changes are just theatre.
- Craigslist Not Liable for Postings
A Circuit Court has ruled that Craigslist cannot be held
liable for discriminatory housing ads posted on its site.
- Fingerprinting Foreign Visitors
Airlines are objecting to a government plan would require
them to collect fingerprints of each visitor to the United
- "All You Can Eat" iTunes?
Apple is considering giving customers access to the entire
iTunes library for a premium.
- Google Book Search Gets Better
Library users can now use Google Book Search's new API to
get a preview of books in the catalog.
- Hollywood Gets Into Spying Game
MPAA chairman says he wants to work with ISPs to police
networks and fight copyright infringement.
- Indie Labels Bypassing iTunes
Independent record labels are going straight to the
consumer, opening their own stores with high-quality audio
and hard-to-find tracks.