- Privacy International reports standards slipping around the world
A new study finds that privacy lacks adequate protection in almost every country on Earth.
- Australia's plans to filter the Internet under fire
Privacy advocates complain that the plan to require ISPs to filter content amounts to censorship.
- Adobe in hot water for snooping on customers
Adobe's CS3 software is using a suspicious IP address to track customers' usage stats.
- Flaws in new government openness law
News reports that the new FOIA reform law specifically reversed restrictive Bush administration policy were wrong.
- Warner offers DRM-free music on Amazon
After promising never to offer DRM-free music, Warner CEO Edgar Bronfman finally caved.
- Can you count on voting machines?
Concern about the reliability of electronic voting machines is growing widespread. (login may be required)
- Cartoon: Foxtrot on DMCA restrictions
Will lawmakers be able to legally enjoy the iPods they got for Christmas?