minilinks for 2007-05-22
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
May 22, 2007
- State Censorship of the Net Is Growing
Out of 41 countries surveyed by the Open Net Initiative, 25
showed evidence of content filtering.
- Register of Copyrights Says: Limit Betamax
Claims that the Betamax doctrine should only apply to
"free, over-the-air television for time-shifting."
- David Weinberger Says: Limit Copyright Abuse
Wants statutory damages if rights holders block free
- Support in US For WIPO Broadcasting Treaty Wanes
Drew Clark reports from the US WIPO delegation's
- Media Center DRM - Now With More Bugs!
Watch your fair use ebb away, as Microsoft obeys premium
television's "don't copy" signals.
- Yahoo!'s Terms of Service Clash With Law Enforcement
Yahoo! UK's anti-anonymity rules mean that police can't run
- Click to Adjudicate
The 7th Circuit gets an official wiki.
- Why Microsoft Won't Reveal the Patents
Microsoft claims open source violates 235 patents but will
only tell you which ones if it's hitting you up for license
- A Fair(y) Use Tale
Prof. Eric Faden samples Disney to spell out the limits of