miniLinks for 2007-01-23
MiniLinks by Danny O'Brien
January 23, 2007
- Andy Griffith Stands Up to Warrantless Wiretapping
Mayberry's privacy rights more secure than the modern
- How Do New NSA Spy Warrants Work? One Expert Speculates
Jim Dempsey tries to work out what it might mean.
- Your Privacy Law Role-Call
All the new privacy bills on their way to Congress, as
collected by PogoWasRight.
- Brewster Kahle's Orphan Works Case Denied
Professor Chris Sprigman offers legal analysis.
- Music Industry Wants to Sue Euro ISPs
Litigation against third-parties expected "in weeks rather
- VirginMega Adopts DRM-Free MP3 on its Music Store
France is first country in which major store switches from
WMA to MP3.
- German, French Orgs Unite Against DRM
Consumer groups claim iTunes' FairPlay is anti-competitive.
- eMusic Surpasses 250,000 Subscribers...
...while unencumbered music sales go up and up.