UPDATE: Judging will take place in the Contests and Events main hall at Bally's at 5 PM on Saturday, August 8, 2015.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is proud to present the DEF CON 23 Badge Hack Pageant (1337 skills required, swimsuit optional). Now is the time to bring out your sweetest hacks and sickest mods in a no-holds-barred battle for hardware supremacy. You are free to excel in practicality, absurdity, devastating good looks, or all three. Break out your hacker con badge collection and have at it. Our esteemed celebrity judges—badge legends 1057 and Joe "Kingpin" Grand—will decide the fate of contestants.
The path to victory is simple...
1. Enter in one of three categories:
• DEF CON DIGITAL: Circuit board-based badge from DC 1-22
• DEF CON ANALOG: Analog badge from DC 1-22
• WILD CARD: Badge from any other hacker con
2. Get scored at DC23 by a panel of celebrity guest judges based upon these criteria:
• ¡X-FACTOR! (overall execution)
3. Identify the badge's origin and wear it around your neck during judging.
4. PROFIT!11!!1one!111 (in the form of bragging rights and gear, at least). EFF will name a winner in each category. Winners will receive special prizes and abundant glory.
There is no limit (except Johnny Law) to what you may add to enhance or embellish your entry. Get started on your entry today and let us know which category you plan to enter. Be sure to sign up officially for the competition at EFF’s Contest booth in Las Vegas. Contestants must be present for the judging session on Saturday at DEF CON to win. EFF celebrates your ability to pwn what you own.
EFF is a member-funded nonprofit organization that has fought to protect digital privacy, free expression, and innovation for 25 years. Our court work, activism, and tech projects aim to support individual rights worldwide. Consider donating to EFF at DEF CON or becoming an annual member today.