- Online Gamers in China To Register with Real Names
No anonymity, even in MMORPGs.
- South African IP Bill locks down innovation
Public sector innovators will have to hand over their ideas to be patented by the government.
- EU Privacy Watchdog: Protections Are Growing Weaker
Data retention laws have weakened European privacy, says Peter Hustinx, the European Data Protection Supervisor.
- Piracy Tax for the UK?
ISPs and rightsholders will be asked to pay a tariff for a Net "Rights Agency" that collect and hand over personal data on repeat infringers in the UK, says the FT.
- Vodafone's Child Porn Filter Blocks Innocent Czech Tech Blogs
Czech users report that innocent sites are being caught up in a cellphone website blacklist.
- Anti-Censorship Proxies Selling Data About Users
DynaWeb FreeGate, GPass, and FirePhoenix all aggregate data on their customers and sell the information on commercially, says Berkman's Hal Roberts.
- A Study of the Internet Censorship in China
One blocked Chinese citizen experiments with the Great Firewall.
- Our Work
- Take Action