- EU Intends to Criminalize Terrorist "Provocations"
Online speech will be included.
- The Creep of Overbroad Surveillance Laws
RIPA, a UK bill intended to be used in serious crimes, was used to spy on a couple suspected of forging school application forms.
- French Assembly Seek to Ban Anorexia Speech
Bill which criminalizes "incitement to excessive thinness by publicising of any kind" passes the Assembly, but needs Senate approval before becoming law.
- Repression 2.0
Newsweek looks at how the Net is used in censorship and surveillance in Africa and China.
- P2P Bandwidth - An International Overview
Michael Geist takes a look at "disproportionate" net use -- and finds the Bell Canada has far less of a problem than other countries who do not throttle their users.
- "Judicial scandal" in Pirate Bay case
One of the police officers and chief witnesses in the Swedish Pirate Bay case now works for Time Warner.
- Our Work
- Take Action